Tuesday, December 2, 2014

How to make a vintage bottle brush ornament wreath

Hello everyone, can you even believe it's Christmas time? Our tree is up, and I am in total Christmas craft making mode. There is not enough time in the day to complete all the projects I have stored up in my brain. Well today is one of my favorite projects that I'll be sharing with you this holiday season, and it was inspired by my mom. Creativity runs in the family. You may have seen these gorgeous holiday wreaths, but often times they are priced really high, in fact I recently saw one priced at $225.Yowser! Here is the one that I created.

You can make one for a lot less by following these simple steps. First here is a list of the supplies you will need.

  • A wreath, this wreath my mom found at Joann Crafts
  • Ornaments, new or old
  • Glue gun
  • Vintage bits and pieces
  • Fingernail polish remover if you want to make ornaments look old


I started by placing the bigger ornaments and pieces around the wreath, so that they would be evenly distributed. I'm a kinda symmetrical girl. (wink)



Carefully glue them in to place using a low temp glue gun.
Then fill in the extra spaces with the smaller ornaments.



Want to make them look old and vintage? Simply use the fingernail polish remover and lightly wipe across them, and it will take the color finish off. Your new ornaments will now look vintage.
This project doesn't take much time. I finished it in about 45 mins. These are perfect to make as gifts for your vintage loving friends, or put one out on your table with your favorite candle as a centerpiece. I even think it would be lovely hanging on a mirror or door. You can find the video tutorial here

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you feel inspired to make one for yourself. Wishing you happy holiday, and be sure to stop by again soon, more Christmas projects are in the works. FALALALALALALAAA!
XO~Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.