Friday, December 31, 2010

Girls Night In

I love having my girlfriends over for dinner.  It is so wonderful to catch up with everyone and hear about the latest gossip.  Which, funny how when you get older, there isn't as much to gossip about.  I have a special group of friends that I have been close to since high school, and some earlier then that.  This group of girls is very special to me, we have been through it all.  I really enjoy spending time with them, so when they come to my house I want to make sure they feel special.  That's why I go all out to decorate a beautiful table setting just for them!  So, I just wanted to share a few ideas with you so that you can create a special "Girls Night In"

Every girl loves pink roses, and I just loved these.  Because I live in a house with all males, I love to add a little pink every now and then!

I found these pink mercury votives and glittery bird at Michael's 50% off, YAY!  I love that the votives have jewels on them too, so very girlie.  The glittery bird adds that special sparkle and whimsy to the table.  

Another great Michael's find was this tree.  It sparkles and looks vintage.  


I love adding place cards.  These were really easy to make.  I just made them up on the computer and printed them out, very easy and simple.  Once I printed them, I glue them on some decorative scrapbook paper.  Voila', instant place cards.  Attention to the details!


Here is the wreath that I made to hang in my dining area.  It is similar to one I had featured in my blog about wreaths.  It added that fun little touch of whimsy to the windows.  

Collecting antique ornaments is one of my favorites things about the holidays.  They are all so unique and different, and you have to wonder how many beautiful trees they have adorned through the years.  The mercury candlesticks help to compliment them.  I wanted to make sure that the room was filled with plenty of sparkle, so I decorated the buffet in my dining area.  The more sparkle the better, especially when you are entertaining your best girlfriends!

Last but not least, here are the wonderful girls that I have been friends with for well over 20 years.  They are a special group of friends that I cherish dearly.  So cheers to 2011, hope that you are able to spend time with those near and dear to you, and make sure that you plan a "GNI", girls night in!
XO~Gretchen











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.